30 November 2010

tell me, sugar

What is money? How much am I worth? We all agree that money might yet be the universal measure for material things, but what about designers and their designs / artist and their artworks? Especially since, I feel like a part of my soul is in it when I design something, so how can we quote the price to what a piece of my soul is worth?

Yes, we might be able to measure ourselves based on skills and such (body, maybe) but what about the soul? Everyone claims that they are *priceless*, but are they talking about the skills, the body or the soul? Can I even measure the soul's worth with the money we use in our daily life? I mean, the money we use in our daily life is often associated with getting material & superficial things, so how could anyone even think of a ridiculous theory like using money to purchase something sacred like the soul??

To me, as long as I am doing what I like, for whom deserves it, I don't mind my design (soul) being "sold" off, because in this case, I don't see it as selling it off. I see it as a gift to someone worthy of it (Which is why I've decided not to be a "people's designer" because I can't bear to *sell* my soul.)

Note to self: Copy this to disco dancer dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment