04 December 2012

double standards

I think people should stop saying that men think with their penises.
  • I personally do not think that all men "think" with their penises. 
  • It makes those who act on it think that it is alright to blame their reproductive organs for crimes. 
  • It makes society think that women should be blamed for rape because some of our fellow male human beings cannot exercise their rational souls and think before they act. 
Yes, I believe that every human being have a rational consciousness to guide our thoughts, words & actions. Call me a speciesist, but I think that people don't exercise that rational consciousness, are no different from an animal.

Let's put it this way – I do not go around punching people in their faces because they made me angry (thus they "deserve" it) and then blame my fists for having a mind of their own, do it? If I cannot blame my fists for these acts of violence, how is it logical to blame your reproductive organs for your actions?

No comments:

Post a Comment