Image via wishyouweredead
Flicking through all these magazines and finding all these subtle message(s) that promotes about self-hate. How they'd say some shouldn't wear certain clothes? People should wear whatever they want without being scrutinised - Yes, I hate people wearing leggings as pants, but whatever floats their boat man. What I dislike is when these advice columns sound fucking repulsed. Why?? WHY!?!
Nothing tastes as good as skinny does? Seriously?
i k r.
ReplyDeleteCan't read a magazine without hatin' on my bod.
ReplyDeleteone of the reasons why I stopped buying 17 like three years ago... horrible, horrible.
ReplyDeleteNot only 17! There are so many female magazines that just wants people to feel bad about themselves. It doesn't even make sense because all these people who produce these magazines don't (seem to) gain anything from making people feel bad.
ReplyDelete(It's like if I tell another person that he/she is ugly doesn't make me prettier. It just means I'm a fucking douchebag.)
They do, which is really unfortunate, and it's for this sole reason: If they make you feel bad, they'll make you buy things you don't need. (I'm just like that girl, so I gotta buy this xxx product in which will make me more attractive/smarter/cuter) $$ gained from your insecurities by making you want what you don't really need, yeah. There's a whole billion dollar corporation built on making girls feel bad, on our insecurities, which is really, corporate oppression. Douchebagery at its finest; as if teenage girls don't already care too much about ourselves, we have some nitwit trying to make us feel worse to get $$ out of it.
ReplyDeleteSo it's true that people attracted negativity to themselves because they don't love themselves enough.
ReplyDeleteSometimes, though I strongly believe that insecurities are never there for anyone to exploit no matter how much you loathe yourself. It's a personal responsibility... HA HA I sound like Superwoman now.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I texted you! Text me back!